Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Where'd You Come Up With That?! Wednesdays: "Assailant"

"Assailant" is as short story about a rash of burglaries taking place in small town. The strange thing is the victim's description of the assailant resembles a snowman. With the unusual description of the perp from the victim and some strange things found at the scene, the police officers are baffled. Is the woman making the complaint just confused because she got knocked out during the robbery, or are rogue snowmen terrorizing the residents?

I wrote this story for a prompt contest on a writing site, and it won! I honestly don't remember the prompt, but I know it had something to do with a person falling on ice and banging their head.

 I got the idea by asking myself if someone is robbed in winter who might be the perpetrator and why? Then I came up with the idea of a snowman robbing people for ice. Why do they want ice? Because a warm front is approaching.

"Assailant" is a fun story for readers of all ages. You can read the story in Flashes of Fiction: Volume 2. You can also listen to it Flashes of Fiction: Volume 2 on audible and iTunes.

Happy Reading!

No comments: